Monday, September 12, 2011

Would You Like a Frisbee with That?

Saturday I was at an estate sale.  Frankly, a pretty messy estate sale.  Not much good there.  But in the rubble, I spotted something that sparked a memory.





Back in the early '70's, Burger Chef (a long lost favorite fast food restaurant) served their meals on these frisbees as a premium.  I remember walking the street I grew up on as a kid and finding these in the ditch.  I haven't seen these in quite a while, so even though this one is pretty scuffed up and was filthy, I gladly paid 10 cents for it.

My long suffering wife cleaned it up by hand (I wanted to put it in the dishwasher) and now it's clean enough to eat off of -- which was, of course, its original intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...