Friday, August 1, 2014

What'll it be, Mac, the Musial?

I found this set of glasses at a garage sale a couple weekends ago.

I picked up 2 of these "Stan Musial and Biggies" cocktail glasses.

Cardinals legend Stan Musial bought into Biggie Garagnani's steakhouse restaurant in 1949.  Surpringly, I could find a single image of it on the internet.

I believe that image is supposed to be the stylized heads of a baseball player and a chef, but to me, it just looks like a pair of...er...women's attributes.

At the same sale, I bought a set of 4 1967 World Series Cardinals glasses.  Stan had retired as a player in 1963, but was General Manager when the Cardinals won their 8th World Series against the Boston Red Sox and his name appears on the glass as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...