Monday, August 28, 2017

Leftovers Day 28 -- Survivor

Some might call this trash, but I call it a survivor.  



How this 1970's Steak 'n Shake disposable coffee cup was saved from the garbage  is a mystery. I'm not sure what possessed someone to save a paper restaurant coffee cup, but as always, I'm glad they did.  Based on the logo, this cup predates the current logo "Famous for Steakburgers" which was adopted around 1980.


Even the cup handle is still preserved.


At any rate, I couldn't leave it behind in the basement of the house I found it in. It reminds me of my local Steak 'n Shake which is a bit of a survivor itself. For some reason, of which I'm grateful, it has not undergone a remodeling since it was built and looks as it did in the '50s. Even the original sign remains. It's located in Lemay, Missouri.




Founded in Normal, Illinois in 1934, Steak n Shake earned it's original slogan "In Sight It Must Be Right" from the owner's practice of grinding steaks into hamburger in front of his customers to assure them of their product's quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...