Monday, December 23, 2019

E.T. Will Be Home for Christmas

I found this ornament over the Summer.  It seems odd to me, but shows the breadth of the marketing push behind E.T. in the early '80's.  I decided to bring him home.



It's made of those silky fibers that stretched from top the bottom and were irresistible to me as a kid to not pick them apart, creating gaps on the ornaments.



Coincidentally, Xfinity also brought E.T. back home (or rather from his home) this season in a commercial featuring Henry Thomas. It would have been nice to see Drew Barrymore in the commercial as well.

2 comments:

  1. people love to hate on it, but i think E.T. still holds up. it's peak Spielberg, and like Poltergeist, it definitely more accurately captures what being a kid around that time was like. a cameo by auntie Drew would've been an amazing addition to that commercial, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've seen E.T. since the theaters. For some reason, my oldest daughter had a hysterical fear of E.T. when she was little, so I never got to show my kids the movie. As for Poltergeist, for having been a movie that scared the heck out of me when I was a kid, I watched it recently and it just made me laugh.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...