"First of all, it was October, a rare month for boys."-- Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes.
Appropriately, it has the name "Tommy" written at the bottom. I swear I didn't do that.
The reverse side of the bag is identical.
I can count on one hand, and probably use only 1 or 2 fingers, to count the number of times I went to Dairy Queen as a kid. We had one in town, but as I've mentioned, we didn't typically go out to eat or have fast food in general. But I remember the commercials, particularly one for the "Hot Fudge Brownie Delight".
Soft-serve ice cream, two brownies with walnuts, whipped cream and a cherry! A FREAKIN' CHERRY! All things I rarely got to sample. Its decadence overwhelmed me and I desired it. Around this time, while I was spending the day with a friend, his mother took us to Dairy Queen and asked me what I wanted. I blurted out "A HOT FUDGE BROWNIE DELIGHT!" My "friend" looked at me and said dryly, "Of course, you had to order the most expensive thing on the menu..." I wanted to crawl under a rock. His mother admonished him and did buy me the treat. I honestly don't remember if it was as great as I'd imagined, but looking at this picture now, it struck me that the brownies were probably Little Debbie's.
As for this year's blog, I'll probably pull a few posts out of the archives to supplement the meager offerings I've found this year, but I'll try to keep it fresh.
Here's to Halloween Treats! May you receive your heart's desire this Halloween.
And head on over to the Countdown to Halloween, the bloglins over there are handing out Fun-sized treats to all, no shaming involved.


Happy October! (i refuse to use the "spooky season" nonsense) I bet those hot fudge brownie delights were maybe $5 -- no harm done. I think you're right, too: those really do look like Little Debbie brownies.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you. Never cared for the "Spooky Season" term. It's Halloween!
DeleteNice bag. Here's to a fun month ahead for all of us! Thanks for doing your part.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! Thanks for stopping by, Joe!
DeleteYay! The trick or treat bag has been posted..the countdown can properly begin! Here's to a good one!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, Deadpan. I'll try not to let you down.
DeleteSo happy to see you for another October! This is a great bag, and that's a great tidbit that it predates the Dennis the Menace affiliation.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed, Chris and thanks for stopping by!
DeleteGlad you enjoyed, Chris and thanks for stopping by!
Delete