Monday, May 16, 2011

Nobody Does It Like Yoooooouuuuuu!

As I've written in the past, I like to use vintage appliances.  I generally find them built to last and with more style.   I'm drawn to chrome toasters and percolators in particular.  I found a percolator for $1 at an estate sale in North County about a month ago. 


It's made by a manufacturer long associated with vacuums -- Hoover. I had no idea they had a line of other appliances in the '60's.


Mine dates from 1967 and I only know that because I came across an ad in Google's library of Life magazines.  The June 9th, 1967 issue has the following ad:

 
Sorry for the dual image -- I need to find some image stitching software.

Design-wise, it's actually pretty plain.  I do like the shape and I love that the red Hoover emblem lights up when the coffee is done.  The ad boasts that it brews a cup per minute and I can vouch for that. 

Now if I could only find that 4-slot Hoover toaster...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...