Sunday, August 12, 2012

What a Dish!

I bought this mosaic tiled mid-century dish at a garage sale this weekend for $1.  It measures 7" by 12". 


Somebody, presumably a child, had colored in some of the grout lines with a blue, ball-point pen.  I used some Goof Off and a 3M scrubbing pad and it came off nicely.  The dish reminds me of a clock I picked up at a thrift store a few months ago:


This same clock hung in our kitchen growing up.

The dish has found a home on one of our side tables, but I have yet to find a home for the clock.  The problem with vintage electric clocks, particularly wall clocks, is you need to find an outlet to plug them in.  Unless I run another outlet higher on the wall, this clock will remain homeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...