Monday, December 23, 2013

Aluminum! It's Not Just for Christmas Trees Anymore!

I consider it fortunate that the items I seek out at estate sales are generally not the focus of the majority that attend them.  I find vintage ephemera to be fascinating and luckily it remains affordable at most sales.

I found this brochure for Alcoa Aluminum at a garage sale years ago.  It dates from 1959 and touts the many uses of aluminum.  Alcoa is still in business today.  I wonder if they still manufacture the "fish finder"...






Pretty sure jamming these giant aluminum pipes into the water is going to scare off any fish in the vicinity.


Topper is the only scooter ever manufactured by Harley-Davidson.  Wikipedia lists its production run from 1961 to 1965, but this picture would suggest 1960 was the first year.


I don't know about you, but that Santa will haunt my nightmares for many a night to come.  I've seen that identical picutre in another vintage brochure Ihave for the Oster company.






I'm hooked on that show "Treehouse Masters".  This suspended aluminum porch reminds me of something you might see on that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...