Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Love Is...

No, not that weird comic strip starring the two naked people.  It's a children's religious pamphlet from 1971 that demonstrates how you should and shouldn't act a la "Goofus and Gallant" of Highlights Magazine.  Or to quote the Simpson's, "Don't do what Donny Don't Does."





I think I might have to side with our little whiner here.  He and Ron appear to be about the same age, they even look alike -- maybe twins.  Clearly Mom and Dad are playing favorites.  Even the dog recognizes that.

Based on the look on her face, I think our little protagonist is about to experience some serious ball kicking firsthand.

Man, that panel on the right was me as a kid.  But seriously, my mom was on the phone ALL THE TIME!

The writers of this pamphlet have clearly never been married.

I like the inclusion of "hardly".  Let's you know it's okay to sometimes notice when others do it wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...