Thursday, January 7, 2016

Reader's Digest Condensed - January 1970





 Enough room to sleep or pick up chicks.  Your choice.


 I long for a time when 8 cents would swing my oven cleaner buying choice.

Maybe what you've got is some crazy dandruff.  Maybe what you've got is crazy, genetically modified dandruff.  Maybe what you have is some crazy, genetically modified alien organism living on your scalp.  OH MY GOD GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!!!!!!!




 Based on my Google search, these "antics" never caught on.


Egg salad with chicken noodle soup made with egg noodles and chicken stock.  I'm sorry, but that's just too much chicken.

The Minestrone/Pizzaburger combo seems odd to me.  Their inclusion of a pizzaburger implies it was a common sandwich with no recipe required.  The only place I've ever seen a pizzaburger was in my elementary school cafeteria.

 Peanut butter and 'nana sammich.  Elvis would have approved.

As unappetizing as the "Crunch-wiches" look, I have to admit, one of my go-to snacks as a child was my own invention of a pickle with mustard on a Saltine cracker.  I invented it when there was nothing else in the refrigerator or on the shelves.  I remember liking it.  As an adult, I'm afraid to try it to see if I was just kidding myself.


 That's not a heavenly beam shining down on the 1971 Ford Maverick.  It's the just the bend in the magazine.

I couldn't find anything on Jeri Jamison outside of a Mike Douglas show appearance in 1966.  I find it difficult to believe she offered much street cred in the throat lozenge market.

Danged if that doesn't look like a dinosaur hatching.  Is there any doubt at this point that birds are descendants of dinosaurs?  Or have I been jaded by Jurassic Park?

 AT&T is fibbing a little there.  According to Wikipedia (all hail Wikipedia, our all-knowing information overlord), the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935 holds the title of the strongest and most intense hurrican to make U.S. landfall.  Where were you then, AT&T?  Where where you then?

These Arrid Extra Dry ads always reminded me of that Electric Company skit.


Either that's a picture at the front of the plane, or I'm unaware of some 1970 wide-screen television technology.  It's possibly a movie projection.  There's a box mounted to the roof above the center aisle.



 Coffee-mate.  Or as my grandfather called it, "whitener".

 Dear Carolyn Davis.  I'm on pins and needles.  Can't wait.


3 comments:

  1. Always interesting to me how some product labels are identical, or nearly identical, to their old ones. Some things are best left as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always interesting to me how some product labels are identical, or nearly identical, to their old ones. Some things are best left as is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe what you have is SUUUPER DANNNNDRUFF!

    birds = dinosaurs among us. fact.

    always loved the Electric Co. in every way, shape or form.

    as someone who's been eating tuna salad on crackers every day for lunch lately, that ad is ringing familiar bells.

    my grandmother called Coffeemate "whitener" too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...