Thursday, October 17, 2019

Claws for Alarm

I found these claws inside one of the many Jack O' Lantern pails I picked up over the summer (I can't help it, it's an addiction).  

At first I thought they were Imagineering Werewolf nails like these.


But as you can see, those were adhered to your fingernails with their  "Scar Stuff".

My set fit over your fingertips.

Thinking about going into the hand modeling business.




Doing a little research, I finally determined they were from the Ben Cooper "Monster Claws and Ugly Teeth Disguise Set" from 1979.


Speaking of Ben Cooper, if you haven't checked out the new documentary "Halloween in a Box" I highly recommend it. If you have any fond memories of those plastic and vinyl costumes of yesteryear, those masks that not only suffocated but also blinded you and cut your tongue with it's razor sharp slit, this is for you.  It's available on several streaming services including Amazon Prime and Youtube.  It even has an uncredited photo cameo of fellow Countdown blogger Erick  and his brother donning their Ben Cooper caped crusader Halloween costumes circa 1972 (that's Bat Erick giving the peace sign).


The documentary gives the inside skinny on operations at Ben Cooper, Collegeville and Halco and their ultimate demise.  There's even an interview with a former Halloween Ben Cooper designer from the Golden Age of Halloween costumes.  If you have time and $2.99, check it out.

1 comment:

  1. You'd make a fine hand model. I have funny old pictures of my siblings in these types of costumes from the sixties.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...