Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Pause that Refreshes -- If You're Not Very Thirsty...

I went to an estate sale this weekend.  I've never been a big fan of estate sales, for reasons I've espoused previously.  But recently, I joined an estate sale online group that emails locations of upcoming garage sales.  They display pictures for the sale, so it's nice to get a feel for what's there.  If only they would post the prices too...  I stopped at one in Dogtown Saturday and found this:

I've always been a fan of Coca Cola, the drink as well as and the imagery and collectibles associated with it.  The fact that all of the bottles come out sold me.  I've seen these online, but can't find much information about them.  I'm not sure if they were premiums or toys.  I have the real version of the yellow tray and have it hung on the wall in my basement for a display case.

2 comments:

  1. wow, and in such good shape, too. are those bottles plastic, or glass? my guess is that it was a toy, maybe in conjunction with a larger truck, or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottles are plastic. In conjunction with a larger truck, eh? That's a distinct possibility. Now I have to find the truck to go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...