Monday, March 30, 2020

Birthday Greetings

No, it's not my birthday, but it's been a while since I've done a post, so I thought I'd dig through my backlog.

This birthday card collection was a find this past summer. I'm not sure if they were all for the same person on the same birthday, but seem to be from the same era (1950's).

Given my penchant for vintage toasters, this first card was a favorite.



I can't tell if the googly eye is original or not.
















\




Apparently, a Father's Day card "popped" in there.



The grand finale is this "exploding" card that unfolds for additional pictures and wishes.




6 comments:

  1. i love that the one that is meant to include money also has illustrations of a martini and a bar glass of whiskey. kids were such scamps back then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Get drunk, eat some ice cream and candy and ride the "Rolly Coaster". What could go wrong?

      Delete
  2. Awwwe - those are cute. That toaster sure is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I love old cards so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if Frankie and Bing got royalties? Love the post! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, NH, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...