Monday, October 28, 2024

If an Invisible Weeble Falls Down, Would You Know?

Way back in 2017, I showcased one of my childhood grails, the Weebles Haunted House.  But, there is an even rarer Weeble grail I was only made of aware of in recent years.  It was a promotion with 3M Scotch "Magic Tape" in the 1970's.  You might remember the Magic tape spokesman, The Invisible Man, from the commercials.

At an estate sale this past summer, I was in a crowded basement, both with items and people.  While I was breezing by for a fast pass seeing if anything jumped out, my daughter was digging through a box of small craft items.  She suddenly pulled out a Weeble, but not just any Weeble, an Invisible Man Weeble.


She wasn't sure what it was, but knew I would want it.  I bought it as part of a lot of small craft items for $1 which is quite a steal given the prices on eBay.

He does glow in the dark.


Not much is known about the promotion, but our friend Todd, the Mayor over at Neato Coolville (be sure to check out his Halloween posts) did a deeper dive into the Scotch Tape Invisible Man commercials and this Weeble.

For now, I've given him a home (quite literally) among my Halloween decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...