Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Halloween -- It's My Bag, Big Boy

Welcome to year 11 of the Countdown to Halloween here at Garage Sale Finds.  Just as in previous years, I have no idea what I'm going to post (well, I have an inkling, but you know...)  And as in previous years, I'm not sure if I'll be able to provide a daily post, but I'll certainly try because, as I've stated in ad nauseam, Halloween is my bag.

This year's bag comes to us from a distance. Not a great one, but a distance none the less.

Frisch's chain of Big Boy restaurants operate in the Ohio and Indiana areas.  I'm not sure how it ended up at a garage sale in St. Louis, but I'm glad it did.  Not only does it have great Halloween graphics, it also has nice Big Boy graphics.


"Head to Frisch's Big Boy 4 the goblins git'ya".  I understand the use of the number four to conserve print space, but c'mon, throw in a "B" before it. B4, before. How hard is that?  And I prefer "getcha" as the colloquial for "get you" as oppposed to "git'ya".


Unfortunately, there are no graphics on the reverse.

We had a chain of Big Boy's in the St. Louis area in the 70's and 80's called "Shoney's Big Boy" and then just plain "Shoney's".  They closed down sometime in the 90's.

Be sure to head over to The Countdown and visit all the bloglins.  Tell them Big Boy sent'ya.

8 comments:

  1. does the 2-color printing of this bag (orange & black on the white bag) make that cliff the house is on look like a tidal wave of meat to anyone else but me? Yeesh. I too prefer "getcha" to "git ya", but that's regional accents for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. > that cliff the house is on look like a tidal wave of meat to anyone else but >me?
      Mmmmm. Bacon...

      Delete
    2. Hokusai-style meat wave, incoming!

      Delete
    3. I can see it now that you mention it. Now I want bacon! lol

      Delete
    4. I'm all for succumbing to a bacon wave!!

      Delete
    5. The Norse had a Rainbow Bridge. No reason we can't have a Bacon Bridge.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to your posts again this year! Have a great Countdown! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deadpan! I'll be checking your blog as well. Enjoy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...