Saturday, October 26, 2024

Scratch Cat Fever

While today's die cut isn't as vintage as some I've posted here this season, it is, to me, definitive Halloween.  This classic Beistle Scratch Cat is the one I remember hanging on our classroom wall in Elementary School in the 1970's.  I love its vibrant green outline, its wild eyes, and its polished(?) nails.  Its hackles are raised, its tail in full bushy mode, its teeth ready to bite.

As soon as the teacher brought out this die cut and hung it up, it was "go time" in my mind.  Halloween was almost here and it was hard concentrating on anything in the classroom. Staring at this die cut occupied the time I should have been focusing on the lesson at hand on the chalk board.  I'm not sure if the teacher ever figured that out, but she left the die cut up throughout the season.

3 comments:

  1. Definitive, for sure. Iconic design. Bet that there a people who have this tattooed on their bodies even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...this definitely reminds me of my first Halloweens in the early '80s! Just need the orange and black cardboard witches hats and I'd be right back there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i'm with you. this cat means Halloween. always been my favorite, too. classic Spooky Cat pose!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...