Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Child Life October 1978

 I never read Child Life magazine as a kid. In fact, I never even saw it until I began finding them at estate sales. But anytime I find an October issue of anything, I'll pick it up.  For your perusal, here are the better parts of the October 1978 issue of Child Life.  The cover features a witch and her familiar being terrorized by jet-pack wielding Elves.  Kind of a metaphor for how stores push Christmas during Halloween these days.


Props to the kid who drew The Headless Horseman.

Good luck with this crossword puzzle. These are some vague clues.  I did include the answers at the end.

Kind of some odd choices for posters for a kid.  I would have probably picked the gorilla poster.

Only one Halloween-related joke here, unless you count the UFO one.

I kept waiting for this story to pay off in some gruesome twist.  Never does.






Some fun food and drink suggestions here. Maybe you can use them at your own party.  Although, who puts margarine on their sandwiches???



And finally, the answers, in case you're still stumped.


Child Life magazine began publishing in 1922. There are archives of the first 9 years of publication at the Internet Archive in case you want to view some vintage Halloween issues.  The magazine was considerably thicker then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...