Thursday, December 18, 2014

Notes on Christmas

While phonographs have been available to the public for home entertainment for over 100 years,  within those years you were just as likely to find a family making their own music on piano or organ.  My grandmother would always tell of her father playing "O Tannenbaum" on the pump organ on Christmas Eve while they all gathered around and sang.

Because of this, sheet music is fairly common and I see it at estate sales frequently.  It's not worth a lot, but I still pick it up if I like the subject or cover.  Here are some Christmas related music sheets I bought at the church tag sale a while back.











Per reader request, the interior music an lyrics to "I Saw Mommy Do The Mambo (With You Know Who)".




This was performed by Jimmy Boyd, the same singer who performed "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", so this is a sequel to that song.




5 comments:

  1. that last one's a corker. what are the lyrics to that one??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Per your request, see the updated post.

      Delete
    2. you just KNEW i was going to ask, didn't you? haha. actually, i don't find this that bad. it's light years better than the song that shall not be named... ("Grandma...") SHHHHH

      Delete
  2. I kind of like the last song. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. The art on the covers seems to have a sort of similar feel. To me, at least.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...