Monday, December 22, 2014

Trimming Time Christmas Card Holders

There has been a distinct, if not drastic, drop in the number of Christmas cards sent over the past decade.  People are keeping in touch via social media, emails and texting.  I guess a Christmas card via snail mail seems a bit old fashioned and redundant, but I still enjoy receiving them; it harkens back to a slower lifestyle.

Anyway, back when you received so many cards you didn't know what to do with them, there were Christmas card holders like these produced by Trimmin Time for Walt Disney Productions.  I found these for $1 each at a garage sale this summer, still in their original packaging.  They're made in Japan and probably date from the 1960's.












2 comments:

  1. Never saw those before, weird! I love sending cards and receiving them. A tradition I won't give up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >A tradition I won't give up
      Me either, Joe.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...