Thursday, October 9, 2014

Cherry Pink, Apple Blossom White and Gill-man Green

Technically, today's post isn't Halloween related.  I picked this up with a bunch of other vintage sheet music at a tailgate sale a few years ago.


The composition and tinting reminded me of a '50's B horror movie, so with a little editing by a good friend (and long-time reader, thanks FrankO!),  I give you my tribute to this year's Countdown to Halloween mascot.



Gilly looks like he has his hands full, so let's move on.

Produced by Howard Hughes, "Underwater" was a 1955 film featuring Jane Russell (and her assets) about a married couple attempting to recover sunken treasure in shark-infested (and in my world, Gill-man-infested) waters.  It's also notable for introducing the hit song found in the above sheet music, "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White".  I knew the title, but didn't know the music until I listened, then recognized it immediately.  Enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. you're very welcome! i'm glad i could help. i was wondering what you were going to be doing with this. i don't recognize the song, but i like it. it's crazy how much music is out there that probably isn't getting ported to digital, and is being lost (for now)...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...