Thursday, October 16, 2014

Melted Plastic Popcorn Ghost

I found this ghost decoration at a garage sale for 50 cents.  He reminded me of Casper.



Most children of the '70's will remember these decorations from their homes and classrooms, but good luck finding much out about them on the internet.  They're called "melted plastic popcorn".  I actually guessed the first two words when I first Googled it looking for information.  There were decorations for all seasons and holidays.  Below are a few other Halloween examples I found on the internet.




5 comments:

  1. Memories. We had the Jack O'Lantern and the colored-in witch when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, i never saw these before moving to the midwest (nor have i seen then since moving away from the midwest). i still think they are weird. at first, i thought they were things crafters made at home, like Shrinky-Dinks or something. i was surprised to find out they were actually *bought* somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think the same thing. Like they were a kind of latch hook rug you threw in the oven!

      Delete
  3. I love these type of decorations. I remember seeing them in my classrooms every year in grade school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have two of these from growing up. I do not remeber the skull at all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...