Monday, October 20, 2014

Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards

I don't think this set of Tarot cards is terribly old, but I liked the illustrations.








This is an unusual set as it is actually a playing deck of 52 cards and not a typical Tarot set.  It reminds me of the Stephen Wright joke (actually, it reminded a friend of the Stephen Wright joke who then reminded me of it): "Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."








Dating back to the 15th century, Tarot was originally a card game.  It wasn't until the 16th century when they were first used for divination.

2 comments:

  1. I have a set of these, actually just like these, packed away somewhere. Have had them since I was a young teenager. Kind of cool, in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should start working with them, unlock their raw power.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...