Monday, October 20, 2014

Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards

I don't think this set of Tarot cards is terribly old, but I liked the illustrations.








This is an unusual set as it is actually a playing deck of 52 cards and not a typical Tarot set.  It reminds me of the Stephen Wright joke (actually, it reminded a friend of the Stephen Wright joke who then reminded me of it): "Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."








Dating back to the 15th century, Tarot was originally a card game.  It wasn't until the 16th century when they were first used for divination.

3 comments:

  1. I have a set of these, actually just like these, packed away somewhere. Have had them since I was a young teenager. Kind of cool, in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should start working with them, unlock their raw power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Searching for the Best Dating Site? Create an account and find your perfect match.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...