Thursday, October 29, 2015

Decorations to Die (Cut) For

These late season Halloween finds came just in time to fill one day of my countdown to Halloween.  I was at the last day of a 3-day sale a couple weeks ago.  I wasn't expecting to find much, but due to an incorrectly posted start time (advertised as 8:00, but didn't open until 9:00) for the sale, I managed to be the first one in simply because I knocked on the front door to find out what was going on.

In the basement, I found one room of holiday decorations that seemed fairly ravaged.  Boxes were dumped all over the ground, so I started digging through.  In the pile, I found several bagged die cuts.

At first I thought they were unopened, but upon closer examination, the previous owner had saved the original packaging and resealed them with a few staples. I carefully removed the staples to get to the goodies inside.


Love this logo



This Beistle Witch Goblin is from 1980 and appears to be the later incarnation of the one below I found years ago.


Next up is a Peck Stuffy D. Scarecrow probably from the same era.  Peck decorations were typically cuter than their Beistle counterparts.  Stuffy is a whopping 40" tall.






Racheting up the cute factor is this American Greetings Sammy Scarecrow from 1979.



Another Peck product is this Halloween Goblin.  He also dates from the late '70's or early '80's.




When I turned the package over, I noticed that inside were...Bonus Beistle pumpkins!


I think these two are a bit older than the other decorations and probably date from the 1950's or '60's.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...