Sunday, October 20, 2019

Topstone Wrinkled Forehead Mask

I'm not gonna lie. This is going to be a short one.  Only because I don't have much information on this mask.  It's made by Topstone and marked "Taiwan"  which probably dates it to the early 1980's. The only name I've found for this mask is "Wrinkled Forehead Character" which I guess is accurate.




Topstone created the masks we remember digging through in dime stores such Ben Franklin and Woolworth's.  While cheaply made, their designs were widely varied and imaginative.  You can see some more examples of Topstone masks here as detailed by Topstone expert Ray Castile.

2 comments:

  1. I think green and orange faced character would have worked just as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or "Big-nosed, Chubby-Cheeked" character. Wait, is that mean?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...