Saturday, October 26, 2019

Witch and Cauldron

I went to an estate sale in Webster Groves, Missouri that heavily advertised Halloween collectibles.  I know "heavily advertised" equals "high priced", but I decided to go anyway to check out the prices and the house which was a turn-of-the-century home.

While the selection of Halloween items was impressive (mainly vintage die cuts), they were priced at and mostly above eBay prices.  That didn't stop people from grabbing them up which of course doesn't discourage the estate sale companies from pricing them that way, and I don't blame them.

However, they did have a quarter box of items in which I saw this.


Most people probably wouldn't recognize it for anything other than what it clearly was: a tiny cauldron.

I, however, knew it belonged to a witch I just happened to have who just happened to be lacking her original cauldron.  One I happened to have written about in 2016.  I knew she came with a cauldron because I have a 1978 Wilton's Cake catalog that shows her with the cauldron.


I took a cue from the catalog and added some candy corn to her cauldron. I took it a step further and made a candy corn fire as well.


10 comments:

  1. oh wow! i remember when you wrote about this witch originally, and how you sleuthed out why she was posed that way and that she was missing the cauldron. how wonderful to see them reunited again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when garage sale finds come together.

      Delete
  2. Omg - I love her. Great find and for a bargain price as well. The candy corn adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! I guess it's just this kind of thing that keeps you hunting, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. It keeps up my hopes that more stuff is out there waiting to be to be found.

      Delete
  4. Geez, I looked through that Wilton book over and over as a kid. Cool find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I'll scan the whole book, Joe.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...