Friday, October 7, 2022

I Come to Praise Cesar

The Cesar mask company of France was founded in 1842. I sure wish I could tell you more about them, but that's pretty much all that's on their "About" site.

Cesar is known for their vinyl masks (as opposed to latex). That may be why this one has survived in such good condition since 1971.



Cesar masks are widely known for their presidential masks.  They claim the sales of masks of the candidates reflect who will win an election and did so for both Bill Clinton elections, Bush Jr. vs Kerry and Bush Jr. vs Gore.  

Additionally, their masks have been used in multiple movies throughout the years including Point Blank and probably best-known to horror fans from the 1986 slasher film "Slaughter High" in which the killer dons a Cesar "Old Man" mask.

10 comments:

  1. Jr., not Sr., ran against Kerry (2004).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail in that mask is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty detailed. They look very creepy when put on.

      Delete
  3. is that real hair? or is it some sort of plastic, like most costume wig hair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old person masks like this are always creepy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an old man latex mask for my last few years of Trick or Treating. I don't believe it was a Cesar. It was my first and only latex mask. I'm not sure why I decided to go with "old man".

      Delete
  5. Creepy! My father had a couple of president masks, one was of Nixon and he used to terrorize us (me) with it. Hated that thing and can still picture where it was "hidden" in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was likely a Cesar mask. They were particularly famous for the Nixon mask (with long nose).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...