Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Deck the Halls with Bowels of Ghoulies

While my decorations don't change drastically from year to year, I like to swap things around and add things here and there.  This year's mantel. 






I added some vintage cabinet photographs from a collection I bought at an estate sale this year.  All the photos are from the same family.  Hopefully no one considers this too disrespectful. I did verify with the estate sale company that the family didn't want the photographs.






The skull mask is a new addition this year. I'm undecided on the age. It's made of pulp, but someone I showed it too felt it was a reproduction available in stores in the past decade.  I still like the look.

The center dish is a new uranium glass acquisition this year. It fluoresces like crazy.


The blow mold on the right is a new find this year.  It's a lamp shade that clips onto a light bulb.  I had trouble finding a bulb that wasn't too bright.  I had to settle for an orange low-watt bulb which is still quite bright.


Madame Zelda has been relocated to atop my Æolian-Vocalion.










The light fixture above the skeletons is a new find this year.  I'm not sure what it was originally used for, but it makes for a great spooky chandelier.



The weather has been uncooperative this year.  Many of my tombstones were broken by wind in the past week and the constant rain has all but washed off the writing on them.  They are nearly 20 years old at this point.  They are in serious need of rehabilitation.  That will be my goal for next year.  Overall, the weather hasn't allowed for the level of decoration I normally do.  Temperatures are predicted in the twenties for Halloween night.


9 comments:

  1. everything looks great, as always! maybe an LED bulb would be good for that lamp with the new pumpkin clip-on shade, just to avoid heat damage to the plastic.

    Here's something that i'm sure you'll enjoy: someone took the time to trace Ichabod Crane's journey through Sleepy Hollow and remapped it using contemporary tools!

    https://www.scoutingny.com/retracing-ichabod-cranes-journey-through-sleepy-hollow/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually an LED in there now. The problem with LEDs is, even though they're only like 4.5 W, they have the brightness of a 60 watt or better incandescent.

      I've seen other people trace old Ichy's route, but I'll be sure to check that out. I love seeing the original sites from the story. I'd love to visit one day.

      Delete
    2. I love the Ouija Board in the back! Great Idea!! : )
      Please check out my blog, too: https://www.coffeeandtchotchkes.com/

      Delete
    3. Thanks, C&T. And I'll be sure to check out your blog. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Awesome selection of decorations!

    Have a happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deadpan! Hope you had a great Halloween Day AND Season!

      Delete
  3. You vintage collection is impressive and I think I recognize some of those characters from past posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so retro vintage cool! Love your collection and display, all so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joe! Hope your Halloween was great!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...