Thursday, October 5, 2023

Whistle While You Twerk

Last winter, I attended an estate sale of a major vintage Halloween collector.  The crowd was enormous. I arrived an hour early and was still number 60 in line.  I wasn't hopeful anything would be left by the time I got in.  The worst was, they were only allowing 10 people in the basement (where all the Halloween items were) at a time.  But eventually, I did make it downstairs and there were many good items left. I saw pieces I've never seen in person before and while the prices weren't steals, I did get some good deals. I'll be posting those throughout the season.

First up is this "scratch cat" with arched back (twerking???) whistle made by Rosbro.  


It probably dates from the 1970's and could have been a Halloween party treat or simply given as a Trick or Treat item.  As much as I loved candy, I also liked receiving non-candy treats.  Unlike a candy bar, they could be enjoyed more than a couple minutes.  I like to hand out little toys to my own Trick or Treaters in addition to the full-sized candy bars.  They always get excited when they receive them, even the older kids.

How did you feel about non-candy items in your bag?

5 comments:

  1. I hated getting pennies and bruised apples. I did not get many toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we chucked the apples. I'd take the pennies, but even as a kid, I couldn't buy much with a penny.

      Delete
  2. I was watching a cool video yesterday of a guy who made this amazing fog machine for his annual halloween yard display. do you do fog? the effect was amazing. i almost emailed it to you. anyway, more on topic, i don't recall getting many toys... maybe one time i got one of those spinny things that made sparks when you push the button, causing a wheel to spin around... i don't know what those are called.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok, so i went and found the link just in case you want to see it:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBruBgdCFVA&ab_channel=intocoasters

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I love checking out other people's home haunts. I do use fog. I have a fairly good machine that does cold fog so it stays on the ground. Plus it produces so much, pretty much the entire cul-de-sac including the neighbors' yards is full of fog when it's running.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...