Monday, October 2, 2023

Mondays are to Die(Cut) For

Welcome to day 2.  I thought I'd introduce a new feature here called "Mondays are to Die(Cut) For".  Each Monday, I'll post a new Halloween die cut I found in the past year.  I may post more than one at a time, because it was a pretty good year.

This first die cut certainly isn't my best find of the year, but there's a story that goes with the other ones I found and frankly, I don't have time to tell it.  Stay tuned.

Anyway, today's die cut is a ferocious kitty.  I'm not sure if this is cute or horrifying.


This isn't terribly vintage and I've said before I'm not a big fan of the "cute" die cuts that began appearing in the 70's and pretty much took over by the 80's.  This one seems to be a transition piece.  It has the cute pumpkins and bats and the cat is almost cute, but frankly, it looks like it would tear you to pieces if you ran into it on a dark night.


8 comments:

  1. yeah, i don't like the cutesy die-cuts either, but this one is ok for some reason. i think because it really does look like that kitten will have no trouble eating your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and wouldn't "bat" an eye. Get it? Hunh? *Krusty the Clown sigh*

      Delete
  2. What would really make this outstanding is if the cat had that crushed velvet thing going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like where your mind goes, Dex. You're talking about those flocked diecuts, but now that you said it, I'm thinking full-on Elvis black velvet painting style sold a busy street corner.

      Delete
  3. Those bats seem to have a very weird feline look about them too! But yes, that cat does look like it might have come back wrong from Stephen King's Pet Sematary....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's exactly it, Deadpan. "This ground is sow-ah."

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...