Saturday, October 28, 2023

Hats Off to Halloween

These 2 hats came from the Halloween collector estate sale.  This first hat is large, standing 15" tall with an 8" diameter at the base (12" with fringe).  It dates from around 1950. Manufacturer is unknown.



Next up is this Beistle honeycomb hat which was in production from 1946 to 1954.  It appears on page 243 of Mark Ledenbach's 3rd edition of Vintage Halloween Collectibles and was part of a set of 4.






We're in the final days now. While you still have a chance, grab your hat and head over to The Countdown see how the party's going.

6 comments:


  1. wow. WOW.

    this honeycomb hat blows my mind. 1946-1954?? in this shape?? insanity -- so good. and that cone hat, with the fringe? so remarkable. you are holding the best for last, i swear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reserve your judgement until the end. I kind of feel like I had a weak offering this year, but I do have something for tomorrow which I thought was pretty cool.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I agree. I would have loved to have attended a Halloween party from this era.

      Delete
  3. Great pieces. Amazes me what good condition some of these things are still in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect these pieces may have been new old stock. Maybe never made it on a kid's head.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...