Sunday, October 22, 2023

Imagineering Second Skin

There's something disturbing about something called "Second Skin".  Almost lycanthropic, like that scene I recall from a werewolf movie (possibly one of "The Howlings") where they shed their human skin as they transform. Someone help me out here.

Anyway, this is just a make-up kit from Imagineering.  I've written before of my love and memories of their products.

While this is later in their production years (1989), it still bears the mustachioed Imagineering logo.  Not long after, Imagineering was bought out by Collegeville and the logo was replaced with a Ronald McDonald knockoff logo.


This Venture stores price sticker brings back "the feels", as the kids say.  I have fond memories of shopping there as a kid and it's probably where I bought my Imagineering products.


I'm trying to wrap my head around this product being offered in four colors, yet all drying clear.  Maybe for contrast when applying to different skin tones?



"Liquid Latex that has been allowed to dry in hair can only be removed by removing the portion of hair it is in."  BY REMOVING THE PORTION OF HAIR IT IS IN?!  I know they mean cutting the hair with a scissors, but I have much more horrific visions of ripping hair from your scalp.


The card backer boasts if applied thick enough, the product can be removed in one piece and reapplied later.  I have to say, the model looks pretty proud of himself for accomplishing this, as he should. I liken it to peeling a hard-boiled egg successfully without destroying half the egg and leaving bits of shell to clinging that you crunch on as you eat it.

1 comment:

  1. i never could get these products to work, honestly, but talk about being able to remove them in one piece reminds me of a TikTok-er i follow (one of two!), and he's been busy fashioning a costume of St. Bartholomew -- because nobody but nobody does horror like the Catholics, lol. For those who need a reminder, St. Bart was the guy who was skinned alive for his beliefs, and the depictions of him are TRULY horrific:

    https://catholicreligionteacher.com/2021/08/25/the-skinless-saint/

    so, i gotta agree with him that it's a great idea for a halloween costume, haha. maybe you could use liquid latex?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...